Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

National Day 2005

The National Day this year is particularly significant for me. Not because I'm taking part in the parade or in any way involved. In fact, I'm not even in the country. For the first time in 27 years, I'm watching the parade from overseas ...

We gathered at Jason's place at Renwick to watch the parade. He had broadband internet with a mid-range connection speed. The streaming video was lagging quite a lot and we didn't really have a good look at the performances at all. But we all had a good time, chatting about all things Singaporean. From national day songs to army weaponry to politicians and television artistes. And of course, there was food. Snacks, chocolate cake and orange juice filled our stomachs. While the distinctively Singaporean camaraderie filled our hearts with warmth.

Took part in NDP last year and I had a wonderful time. This year, I managed to encourage my mum and auntie to take part. It's so gratifying to know that they have thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I really hope to complete my studies in Sydney successfully by the middle of next year. And be able to return home and get involved in NDP 2006.

But if I get an assignment to cover the World Cup in Germany, that would be another story...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yeah that will be a STORY!!! haha jia you my fren... i would wan to be able to tell my other frens that i know of the guy who covers World Cup!

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Star Pegasus said...

yeah!!! thanks for your encouragement!!

9:53 AM

 
Blogger shir said...

world cup??

anyway where's my watermelon???

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home