Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

There is Hope

Went rollerblading yesterday...first time in my life as far as I can remember. Going at snail's pace and being unbalanced most of the time. Only fell once on the butt, and I would be rather relieved with that. Alas, it was not to be.

Somebody who was just learning to ride a bike rammed me from behind. There was a sharp pain at my lower back. The impact was quite big and I didn't know what hit me. The young guy, probably not yet 20, and his friends were extremely concerned. I was glad I didn't pass out. It was just bruises on the skin though. My spine was still intact...phew!

What was most gratifying was the kindness and gentlemanly conduct of those kids. They were probably there for a class gathering/barbeque during the school holidays. The other two guys raced off in search of a first aid kit while CT stood by my side. He even offered to give his contact number just in case. We went our separate ways, but not before his profuse apologies and my reassurances that I'm fine.

Well, there is hope for the future. Morals and values can be passed on to make a more gracious society. With bated breath, I watch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home