Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Pet Peeve

The World Cup qualifying match between South American giants Argentina and Brazil was an entertaining affair. With four gems to show for, the crowd would have been pleased with the goal mouth action.

Both sides had their chances to play fluid, captivating football, what with their slick passing and cheeky flicks. We've had glimpses of young talents from both sides. Robinho, Kaka and Adriano proved no match for Argentina's more experienced team though.

Crespo was a thorn all match, Riquelme shone in midfield and the team in blue and white showed their defensive strength as well. Against a talented Brazilian team, a well organized defence and midfield is crucial, and if you've got the likes of Saviola and Kily Gonzalez running at the opposition defenses, that would be useful too.

But I digress.

The issue I want to bring up is quite trivial. But I can't help but bring it up. When a ball is kicked out of play and it hits an opposing player standing outside the field of play, however close that player is to the line, HOW CAN A THROW-IN BE AWARDED TO THE PLAYER WHO KICKED THE BALL?? Anyway, that happened during this match. And it amazes and amuses me at the same time.

Ok, I feel a sense of relief getting it off my chest...hope FIFA or UEFA officials can give me a definitive answer through my blog or whatever...and yo Posh, I CAN BEND IT BETTER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home