Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Chinatown

Went to Chinatown again yesterday. For dinner. But I got more than I bargained for. Spilt hot tea all over my pants. And got pretty bad service too. It ended with a big laugh at the end though.

The food was alright. It was a small taiwanese restaurant which I reckon has got better business than most around. The spaces were pitifully small, and there was barely space to walk between the tables. As I was just going to settle down in my seat, the pot of tea at the edge of the table caught my jacket and toppled. It scalded me somewhat. But I was lucky the tea had cooled a little and wasn't exactly boiling hot. Still it was quite uncomfortable sitting in my drenched pair of jeans. Seriously, I have to be thankful nothing inside got badly harmed!

The service was bad because the waitresses can't wait for customers to finish their food and get up to leave. So they would be hovering around and making a beeline for those empty or almost empty plates and bowls. Business is always brisk to say the least. Sometimes it feels faster than fast food. Then again, fast food isn't that hot or tasty. They had a good variety of Chinese dishes as well.

The bill came and we were using the serviettes as we got ready to leave. My uncle had both the used serviette and bill in one hand. A waitress reached out her hand to ask for it. The bill obviously. But my uncle thought she was offering to dispose off the tissue for him, and so he withdrew his hand and waved her away. Hilarious! We had a good laugh indeed...

1 Comments:

Blogger Star Pegasus said...

Oh thank goodness no...jewels still well n good!

Yeah, just over 10 months left i guess!

Looking foward to the first day of spring...

5:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home