Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sanctuary in January

It's already 2006 and I've been home for almost 2 months. Life has been good, perhaps a little too good. In any case, I'm thankful for what has happened in 2005. Trials and tribulations aplenty but much has been learnt and appreciated. I'm thankful for the friends I've made and the new experiences that had presented themselves, especially those down under.

Expectations abound in this year of the World Cup in Germany. An important year for footballing nations which have qualified for the tournament. The defending champions Brazil look as impressive as ever and are definitely the team to beat. Hosts Germany stand a great chance to topple them, after having come so close the last time. Other favourites include England, France, Italy and Argentina. The World Cup is also a showcase of emerging talents from smaller nations, where big European clubs do their window shopping before splashing out ridiculous amounts of money to get their man.

This year is important for me too. I'm glad to be in Australia watching the World Cup. Absolutely delighted for my Australian counterparts, who have endured many years of heartbreak, I hope the lads do their country proud and give those Brazilians a good fight. As an aspiring sports journalist, I wish the Australian football scene much success, hoping too that I have some part to play in the near future. With the completion of my media degree come July, I would be looking to finally get my career off to a start. A career that I want. I am eternally thankful to my parents who have supported me, family members who have advised me and friends who have encouraged me. You have all been wonderful.

We may not know what the future holds. But I always think that your future, your destiny lies in your hands. A vow, a determination, a promise to yourself that you are going to succeed is worth so much more than wondering if you are going to. Let's make a difference to our lives, and in turn, make a difference to others too.

1 Comments:

Blogger shir said...

stop blogging about soccer!!

blog on dance or BoA!

7:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home