Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

V.I.C.T.O.R.Y.

It was certainly the best of times...

The SSA Youth Peace Culture Festival 2005 for my team has come to a close. It marked the start of Racial Harmony Month organised by the North East CDC. More performances would be held over the next two weekends. And I sincerely wish the other two groups of performers all the best.

The euphoria at the end was palpable. There were cheers aplenty as the organising committee, trainers and soka leaders gave their rousing victory speeches. Like what an uncle of mine said, the spirit among the performers and the enthusiasm among the crowd were in tandem and an unspoken connection was bridged. The world would definitely become a better place with everyone sharing a common and humanistically over-arching goal for world peace and harmony.

I've made friends with so many wonderful individuals in the Youth Dance item that I took part in. It's really quite sad that I would be leaving them soon. I just hope that our ties would still remain when I return. Staying connected with technology is great but nothing beats the closeness one feels in the company of friends.

Au Revoir, dear friends! You have all been truly wonderful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home