Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sydney

This is my first post from down under...

Taking over someone's hostel room, the calender here reads: "Each day the sun rises on new adventures and sets on wonderful memories. Life brings new promise with every sunrise."

A secondary schoolmate made a similar remark when we woke up at a chalet donkey years ago. How meaningful this is...

Just did my morning gongyo and 1 hour daimoku. It warmed me up better than the small heater I have in the room. I actually woke up thinking, "Gotta switch off aircon...cold..." Then i realised there is NO switch...

Everything has been very well taken care of. My uncle has lived in the hostel for almost 7 years now, and is probably like a part-time caretaker. I got one of the best rooms on the 4th and highest floor. Not exactly like a penthouse but if you compare it with other rooms, pretty close...haha...

Hmm...really appreciative.

On the plane, I sat beside an ex-Singaporean, a nice lady of 65 years. She has lived in Sydney for 18 years and is now an Australian citizen. She went back to visit her daughter and family. We chatted half the time on board and it was great to learn about her life. We talked about many things, but mostly social issues. Of course we raved about the food back home in Singapore.

One of the first things she told me, "Singapore is good...." I can't remember what topic we were on, but that was how it roughly started. The conversation. I went on to say that people might like it in Sydney because life is simpler here. Hmm...Is life really simpler here? I wonder...

I had superb century egg, lean meat plus salted egg porridge for supper last night. But it was expensive! Just imagine...the prices would still be scary even if they are in Malaysian Ringgit!

I got my internet connection set up without much hassle thanks to Kaiser, a cool Hong Kong friend. Thanks man!

So here I am...

Good Day Mates!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow it sounds cool.. u alreadi got me readi and all geared up to go down under! haha.. actualli ever since i've settled everything (currently just waiting for my visa to be approved), i'm getting more and more excited about my trip. see u there ok?

3:59 AM

 
Blogger Star Pegasus said...

cold, NOT cool!
brrrr....

5:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home