Always touched by great human achievements and an overzealous aunt.

Friday, July 15, 2005

First Week

It's been a great couple of days to round up my week in Sydney. Tomorrow i'm joining the guys for some soccer and i'm so looking forward to that. Went for the second day of orientation and made many friends from around the world. There's Oliver from Germany, Monica from New York, Kathleen from Wisconsin, Kelly from New Jersey, Chika from Japan, Carmen and Lili from Shanghai, Duncan from Scotland, Anna and Shirley from Hong Kong and Brenda from Singapore. There are a few more but I haven't yet registered their names... Spoke to a guy from Rwanda, Africa too. He's really into doing business! Studying taxation, that guy. I sort of heaped praise on my home country as a business and communications centre. Hoped he had a good impression...yikes!

Hmm...think i'll do my laundry after my exertions on the field tomorrow. Going to somewhere near olympic park...cool!

Attended a Soka study meeting just now at the Soka centre here in Sydney, the ACC. And it was wonderful. I learnt quite a few things like the difference between positive thinking and our buddhism, and how we can see things differently when we make a small shift in perspectives and attitudes. Really thankful to Tomo who invited me. He's a cool japanese guy whose wife just gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl! Truly blessed.

Volunteered my services to help out at Indigo, the local Soka publication here. Met so many members and leaders whom i've made friends with when i was there 2 years ago for a holiday. So nice to see them again. It was a small group of less than 30 but there was warm camaraderie all around. I guess i'm blessed too... :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger shir said...

any cute guys to intro?

handsome macho man needed!!!

to wash my toilet....

12:44 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

haha count me in for the cute guys too.. and i wan lean faces too.. haha... today just completed the saturday show for YCF HQ3. sorry alvin, u missed all the cute kotekitai gals... aniwae they presented a totally awesome show. i'm so proud of them.. wished u were here...

7:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home